Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Quick Network Change Diagram

I made a quick diagram to illustrate to a few people the new design that we are testing whereby NX technology is used to deploy to our workstations.  I thought it might be a good visual tool to clarify my last blog.  Instead of using the Xserver and Pulse daemon on the thin clients, everything is passed through the backend computer server running NX/GNOME.  This allows for a stateless connection that can be resumed on any hardware that runs the NX client and any browser.




Lots of progress in testing this concept, and I'll blog about it next year.

Happy New Year.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your network diagram is starting to look more like the (now defunct) Sun Ray.

Dave Richards said...

We have looked at them many times. Oracle stifled all things cool when they bought Sun.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have redundant Gnome servers cause that looks like a single point of failure. Otherwise it looks to be a lot more efficient, good work keep it up.

Unknown said...

Great diagram! I used a website called Lucidchart to create my own server network diagram and it was really easy to understand. If you use diagrams often you should check it out! 

Evan said...

Can you suggest a non-proprietor network diagram software to draw network diagrams?

Unknown said...

best all in one workstation HP introduced world’s first workstation all-in-one: the new HP Z1 G3 Workstation, combining the simplicity of an All-in-One design along with performance typically found in traditional tower workstations.

Samantha Charles said...

Thanks for your article! I have read through some similar topics! However, your post has given me a very special impression, unlike other posts. I hope you continue to have valuable articles like this or more to share with everyone! Tablet Rental